Chongqing Mayor Scholarship
In order to strengthen mutual understanding and friendship between the Chinese people and people from the rest of the world, the Chongqing Municipal Government offers a variety of scholarship programs to sponsor international students and scholars to undertake studies and research in Chongqing institutions of higher education. Southwest University is designated to offer a wide variety of academic programs for the year.
l Application Period: Jan. 1 to June 15 each year
l Application Website:https://swu.17gz.org/
l Contact Email: Admission@swu.edu.cn
l Scholarship Categories and Coverages
A. First prize:
1. CNY 35,000/year for Ph.D. Program.
2. CNY 30,000/year for Graduate Program.
3. CNY 25,000/year for Undergraduate Program.
B. Second prize:
1. CNY 20,000/year for Ph.D. Program.
2. CNY 15,000/year for Graduate Program.
3. CNY 10,000/year for Undergraduate Program
l Scholarship Eligibility
A. Grade Requirement:
1. Minimum cumulative GPA is 3.0 out of 4.0 and above.
2. Minimum score is 80 out of 100 and above.
B. Language Proficiency Requirement:
1. Applicants must provide language certificate such as HSK, TOEFL-ibt, IELTS and prove that his or her language proficiency meets the requirements of daily communication and academic presentation in Chinese campus.
C. Not yet sponsored by any other scholarships in China.
Note: The scholarship is one-time scholarship per year.
Applicants can use it as living allowance per month.
And applicants can pay the tuition by the scholarship, and the rest as the living allowance per month.
l Scholarship Duration & Annual Assessment
A. Generally, scholarship holders are eligible for the following scholarships according to their study duration: 4 years for Undergraduate Program, 2-3 years for Graduate Program, 4 years for Ph.D. Program.
B. According to relevant regulations, there is a comprehensive assessment of the scholarship holder's performance during the previous academic year to determine whether the scholarship holder is qualified to continue receiving the scholarship in each month of May.
l List of Majors
A. Undergraduate Program:
B. Graduate Program:
C. Ph.D. Program: